What You'll Do
Looking forward to getting an exciting start to your career? You will bring your outstanding talents to the Cisco CSG group that builds intelligent networking products and platforms for many different applications! Core Software Group has the charter for all Platform Independent and Platform Dependent software development across Switching (for data center, campus core and campus access), wireless, network services, routing, optical software and routing and cable access.
As a Software Engineer, you will be involved in the solution of new challenging problems. You will develop wireless products and industry-leading software platforms that capitalize on the trend toward all devices, machines, and vehicles becoming connected and integrated with traditional enterprise networks. Build high performance, highly scalable, multi-cloud environment, complex and distributed systems - end to end. Participate in the full software development lifecycle for a large system – at scale. The main responsibilities are:
- Design and develop new features for Cisco Wireless LAN controllers: writing specifications, coding, unit testing and integration of the code across multiple platforms;
- Test on simulated and real hardware in typical customer scenarios as well as stress and scale scenarios;
- Contribute to the automation of unit, integration, feature and system level testing;
- Support and maintain the quality of the software: help customers to debug issues and fix defects;
- Plan, design, operate and improve continuous integration and automated testing systems; write, deliver and maintain tests for the toolset.
Who You'll Work With
Be part of building next generation scalable wireless LAN controller.
As an integral member of this team, you will work with a diverse group of engineers at all career levels. We architect, design, and develop some of the key features that are continuously evolving towards enabling the support of newer and exciting customer business paradigms. You will be interacting and working closely with some of the finest talent in the industry – where you will find that work is both fun and challenging!
Who You Are
Excellent quality is what drives you. To ensure this, you have a good understanding embedded software, and basic knowledge of L2, L3, protocols. You possess the necessary skills to work in a highly collaborative, inclusive, and agile atmosphere in partnership with multi-functional teams.
Education and Experience
University degree in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent, potentially combined with 1-3 years of related experience.
- Ability to write good software in C/C++;
- Proven networking experience including TCP/IP and networking protocols;
- Confirmed problem-solving skills;
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging;
- Adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
- Python knowledge;
- Experience with real-time O/S and with Unix/Linux development tools;
- Understanding of Wireless Networking Technologies and 802.11;
- Basic experience with scripting and unit, integration test tools and dashboards a huge plus;
- Strong interpersonal skills are desired. You should be able to multitask with multiple and distributed teams;
- Dedication to customer success is key to this role.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.