Senior system engineer Linux
In this role
Your role in our Managed Services division is to take care of all the low-level infrastructure components needed for delivering a modern cloud platform to our customers. You have a large expertise in Linux system administration, Datacenter management, Hypervisor configuration, SAN management in highly available and business critical environments. You also have a good understanding of various cloud platforms and Software defined Infrastructure.
In our Operation team you will be in charge of:
- Architecture, design and implementation of infrastructure related topics.
- Maintenance of the existing Infrastructure.
- Level 3 operational support
- Integrations with other platforms (Cloud Plateforms, Openstack, OpenShift, Network, …)
What we offer
- A pleasant working environment in a motivated team with solid expertise
- A broad field of technology, from standard applications to micro-services on public clouds
- An amazing work diversity ranging from small projects to wide programs
- Intensive collaboration with ELCA engineers, experts and managers as well as directly with customers from various business areas
About your profile
You believe that software only makes sense if it works at any time;
You know that reconciling production with development is full of technical challenges.
For this vacancy we are seeking a graduate from a university, polytechnic or other specialized university.
Mandatory: You are a Senior Linux Sysadmin with proven production experience.
Your expertise covers some or all of the following:
- Hypervisor: VMware / Openstack is a plus
- Storage: SAN/Fibre Channel/iSCSI
- Strong Unix/Linux operating system experience including troubleshooting/monitoring/Backup
- Networks (firewalling, routing, switching, load balancing)
- Databases: MySQL/Oracle/PostgreSQL
- Software Defined Infrastructure
- System automation Scripting
- Configuration and deployment management tools (Puppet, Chief, Ansible, terraform)
- At least one cloud platform (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud etc.)
- Container platforms: Docker, OpenShift, OKD or Kubernetes – operations
- Experience with Continuous integration tools and application servers such as TomCat, JBoss or Wildfly is a plus.
- You have an excellent command of spoken and written French and English.