Research Associate Molecular Biology
- Lead/participate in cell line engineering activities including gene editing technologies.
- Support vector design and the optimization and characterization of cell lines and cell banks to support discovery activities.
- Present and discuss data in English in both informal and formal settings.
- Maintain detailed and organized documentation.
- Participate in day-to-day laboratory management.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
- Collaborate across the matrix to support portfolio development.
- Comply with HSE guidelines.
- BSc/MSc or equivalent degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or other related fields.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a relevant industry/academic setting.
- Proven track record in the following: vector biology, codon optimization, cell line genetic characterization, and vector construction.
- Experience cell engineering/gene editing techniques including CRISPR/Cas9 is desired.
- Strong experience in mammalian cell culture (small to large scale) and transfection methods.
- Strong experience with PCR, mutagenesis, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), DNA handling software, and bioinformatics tools.
- Knowledge of antibody analytical methods.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary biologics discovery team.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and align internal and external stakeholders around these priorities.
- Excellent written and oral skills are necessary.