The candidate for this position will be actively involved in the development of a variety of opto-mechanical systems ( prototypes, products and production means) within an interdisciplinary R&D team composed of optical, electrical, and software engineers. Candidates must be self-motivated, capable of independent work, highly innovative, and enjoy working in a dynamic and creative team environment.
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conceptualize opto-mechanical systems, and specify their requirements in collaboration with other R&D team members.
- Implement detailed 3D/2D CAD mo dels of opto-mechanical systems for manufacturing
- Prototype mechanical components, fixtures and assemblies and rapidly solve potential issues.
- Evaluate the performance, ensure stability, and continuously improve existing systems
- Support neighboring activities involved in design, fabrication, operation, application, testing, and production.
- Assist in all facets of the regulatory approvals process, including participating in component and system level design reviews, test plan preparation, issue troubleshooting/mitigation.
- Work with suppliers to purchase standard or custom components.
- Technical reporting and documentation.
- Expert knowl edge of 3D CAD tools (i.e. SolidWorks, CREO ), including g eometric dim ensioning and tolerancing.
- Detailed knowledge of direct machining methods for prototyping.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience building and testing prototype systems in a team environment.
- Machining skills for component modifications.
- Knowledge in additive manufacturing processes.
- Must be independent and confident in a highly dynamic and creative environment.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience with opto-mechanics, specifically mechanical design for photonic or optical components and systems.
- Experience with optical design software ( Zemax , Code V, FRED, Lighttools etc.)
- Experience with PDM and PLM tools (i.e. Windchill ).
- Experience in automation: motion control and vision.
- Fluent in French.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Science/Engineering plus four years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.