Java Architect / Technical Lead
In this role
- You will work with business and software engineering teams to build Java applications from the ground up.
- You will guide teams on the end-to-end project lifecycle, covering the initial conception, business requirements, software architecture, technical lead, coaching, and flawless delivery
- You will provide technological and architectural consulting to our clients, give technical recommendations and advise on their execution
- You will support pre-sales on tender responses, proof-of-concept work and the design of innovative solutions, with an emphasis on scalability, modularity, flexibility, and performance
- You will run group-wide thought leadership initiatives to advance our architectural practice and sustain our technical excellence
What we offer
- A stimulating and professional working environment in a dynamic team with extensive expertise
- Exciting projects and challenging problems to solve using the latest technologies.
- Flat organizational hierarchies and cross-functional teamwork
- Close contact with customers in diverse industries
- A supportive culture with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development
About your profile
- 6+ years of experience in designing and implementing large-scale JAVA applications
- Strong hands-on experience with frameworks such as Spring / Spring Boot, JPA / Hibernate or other ORM and build tools such as Maven / Gradle.
- Solid knowledge of integration patterns and best practices such as synchronous vs. asynchronous communications, RESTful APIs, messaging, publish-subscribe
- Deep understanding of multi-tier architectures and microservices (load balancers, caching, web servers, application servers, networking, databases, content delivery networks)
- Good knowledge of domain modeling and domain-driven design
- Hands-on experience with containers and orchestration platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Strong knowledge of best practices and tooling for CI/CD pipelines, DevOps, agile methods, automated testing, code quality, such as Jenkins, Jira, JUnit, Cucumber, SoapUI, Selenium, SonarQube
- Experience in monitoring, troubleshooting and profiling systems with tools Java Melody, Java Flight Recorder, or Java Mission Control
- Knowledge of distributed streaming platforms such as Kafka, and reactive frameworks such as RxJava and Vert.x is a plus
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue.js is a plus
- Experience with some cloud services such as AWS is a plus
- A passion for clean code and pragmatic, elegant design
- Enthusiasm, creativity, flexibility, team spirit, and general awesomeness in software engineering
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in French and English. German would be a plus.