As Engineer in the Controls Section, you will take the lead for the specification, design, implementation and support of industrial control systems for cooling and ventilation plants.
- Define the requirements for CV control systems: Collecting the requirements from project leaders and operators; Defining or selecting appropriate HVAC control solutions.
- Design and manage the development of these industrial control systems: Liaising with the CERN developers of the control systems; Supervising and managing external contractors implementing CV control systems; Developing parts or totality of the control systems PLC and SCADA code.
- Manage and participate to the commissioning (Virtual and on site): Defining the appropriate test strategy; Planning the commissioning; Supervising and participating to the tests with simulators or in situ.
- Supervise and follow-up, in support of the team in charge of operation, control systems in order to: Transfer the technical expertise on the new control systems to operators; Troubleshooting or improving existing plants controls:Establishment of KPIs to evaluate the performance of the CV plant itself, and define the appropriate control strategies to minimise energy consumption.
- Write technical documents, reports and notes.
Master's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of control, automation engineering or a related field.
- Extensive experience in requirements engineering and in design and implementation of controls with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
- Experience in definition of tests catalogues and executions of tests.
- Experience in contract management for industrial installations.
- Experience of writing technical documents, reports.
- Initial experience in: Supervision Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems. Control theory. Low voltage electrical systems. Instrumentation and fieldbuses.
- Cooling, ventilation or compressed air plants is an asset.
- Functional analysis of control systems: design of process control functional analysis / requirement analysis.
- Configuration and implementation of industrial data-acquisition, monitoring and control systems: management and configuration of data acquisition and test systems.
- Installation, operation and maintenance of industrial data-acquisition, monitoring and control systems: installation, maintenance & operation of control systems.
- Configuration and programming of PLC and fieldbus system / programming of PLCs.
- Configuration, programming and use of Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems
- Achieving results: having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind; delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations.
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting.
- Working in teams: working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities.
- Communicating effectively: providing others with timely information; ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented.
- Solving problems: identifying, defining and assessing problems, taking action to address them; adopting a pragmatic approach; understanding the value of adopting generic rather than 'gold -plated' technical solutions.
- Spoken and written English or French: ability to draw up technical specifications and to make oral presentations in at least one of the two languages and an undertaking to acquire the other rapidly.